Hello world! This is Mean Green Momma coming to you live from my computer in Any Town, USA. I'm starting this blog because I am sick and tired of the government and their lax standards when it comes to the things we use in our homes and put in our bodies. It’s almost as if they want everyone to die of cancer (but that’s a different blog). So anyway, I thought that maybe there is something I can do about it. I’ve tried over the past few years to convert to products in my home that are beneficial, i.e. cleaning products. But I often find myself in the middle of a grocery isle staring blankly at the hundreds of products claiming to be “all natural” or “eco-friendly” having no idea if the claims are really true. I mean, I don’t want to pay an extra $3 for a product that is no better then the cheaper version next to it. Sooooo, that brings me to why I’m here. I plan to look into these products in-depth, try them out, and report my findings to you. This way, I have a blog to hold me accountable – that is, if anyone actually reads it.

So I’m going to start with where I’m at in my life right now. For a few weeks, I’ve been noticing that my daughter has a little bumpy rash on her body. I didn’t think much of it at first, but then I noticed it getting really bad around her elbow area. She started scratching it all the time. I think I’ve narrowed the problem down to either her body wash or the new detergent I’ve been using. This is kind of disturbing to me because these products are both “green” products so I really want to find out which one is the culprit.

The body wash I’ve been using for her is California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash with No Fragrance. I found this brand on http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/. I highly recommend this website to find out the hazard level of products we use on our bodies. This body wash had a hazard level of 1 out of 10 so I figured it would be a good choice. I have no complaints about the product itself, I just have to figure out if it’s what’s been irritating my daughter’s skin.

The laundry detergent I’ve been using is Seventh Generation Free & Clear. It’s a “natural” laundry detergent but we’ll see about that.

My plan as of now is to go back to the old faithfuls I used when she was a little baby. I bought Dreft and Baby Magic because I know that she’s never had reactions to either of these. Once the rash has cleared I’ll reintroduce the other products one at a time to see which one is causing her rash. Stay tuned for my next blog where I’ll unveil my findings on California Baby and Seventh Generation.