Hello everyone, this is MamaVerde finally checking in to let you know a little about myself and what I will be blogging about in the near future. Like Mean Green Momma said, I am also fed up with the government’s lax standards for what goes into our skincare products. I am also annoyed by products claiming to be natural when they really aren’t. I would love to share the great news that due to some good products out there, it is becoming easier to go green everyday and to take care of your health, earth, and family.

I have done a lot of personal research over the past few years on various products and the chemicals they contain. It is crazy what ingredients are allowed in the skincare products we use everyday and most people don’t even know they can be harmful. I mean it wouldn’t be on the shelf if it could cause cancer or other problems. Or would it? Thankfully more natural alternatives are popping up everyday and many products are much easier to find in stores than in the past. Unfortunately a lot of products use words like natural and organic very liberally and they aren’t really as natural as they claim. I hope to share with you some of the information I have found on products out there as well as my opinions on these products, so that going green and healthy can be a little bit easier for you.

Being a mom of two young boys, I go through a lot of diapers. Seventh generation diapers are what I presently use, so I will be starting my product reviews with them. I plan on trying a couple of other diapers as well. And don’t worry if you don’t have kids in diapers, I will also soon report on sodium lauryl sulfate shampoos too. Assuming you have hair, it should be of interest to you. After that, well, you will just have to wait and see.